Home electrical fires are found to account for more than 50,000 fires and hundreds of deaths annually. It is a really harrowing number if you think about it, so if anything, home electrical fires happen to be more common than we think. There are a lot of preventative measures that we can take to make sure that we do not end up being a part of these statistics, and we will be discussing them further down below.
One common cause behind electrical fires is faulty wiring. So, if you happen to have old, damaged, and exposed wiring, there is a likelihood of there being an electrical fire. The best thing you can do is to make sure that there is no exposed wiring in your house, and to get safety inspections done. Electrical inspections need to be done if you have moved into another house, and after every 3 years to ensure that there are no problems that might have developed. You can contact the experts at https://www.electricianinperth.com.au/ today to get an electrical inspection done.
Other small things that can potentially indicate an electrical fire are blown out fuses. So, if you notice black marks around a socket, you should get it checked immediately. Similarly, other signs like sparks flying, humming or buzzing noises coming out of a socket etc. are all warning signs that you should not ignore. So, if you happen to notice any of these things, stop using that socket, if possible, turn off the power supply to that area, and call in an emergency electrician so that they can respond to your problem within hours and locate the source of the problem and deal with it before it develops into anything worse, and even get an electrical inspection done afterwards to make sure that this was an isolated incident.